Jewels of The Quran
The Holy Prophet said:
- The best of you is he who learns the Holy Quran and teaches it to others. (Bukhari)
- Undoubtedly, the heart gets rusted like metal gets rusted when water goes over it. The people asked, “How can they [the hearts] be cleaned?” The Prophet replied, “To remember death in abundance and to recite the Holy Quran.”
- That chest which does not have any Holy Quran in it is like an abandoned house. (Tirmizi, Darmi)
- Whoever read the Holy Quran and memorized it and believed its Halal (permitted) to be Halal and its Haram (prohibited) to be Haram, Allah will accept his intercession for 10 such people for whom hell had become Wajib (compulsory). (Tirmizi, Ibn-e-Majah)
- Whoever is an expert in reciting the Holy Quran (his reward) is (recorded) with the Kiraman Katebeen (the recording angels). And whoever reads the Quran with pauses and it is difficult for him, that is, his tongue does not move easily and he recites with difficulty, for him there is double the reward. (Saheeh Bukhari)
- On the day of Judgement, the one who has memorized Quran will be told to read and ascend and recite with Tarteel (clear and distinct recitation) like you used to read with Tarteel in the world; your place will be where you read your last Ayah. (Tirmidhi, Sunan Abu Dawood)
- Says Allah, “Whoever was kept busy with the [recitation] of Quran from my Zikr and asking me, I will give him better than what I give to those who ask and the excellence of the Word of Allah over all the other words is like the excellence of Allah over all his creation.
- Learn the Quran and read it because whoever learned the Quran and read it and did Qiyam (stood in prayer) with it is like a bag filled with Musk whose fragrance is spread everywhere and whoever learned the Quran and slept that is he did not perform Qiyamul Layl (the night prayer) is like a bag which is filled with Musk and its mouth has been closed. (Tirmizi, Ibn-e-Majah, Nisaee)
- Read the Quran when you heart feels affection and attachment and when your heart becomes bored stand up – that is stop reciting the Quran. (Saheeh Bukhari and Muslim)
- Decorate the Quran with your (good) voices. (Mishkat)
- O People of the Quran, do not make the Quran a pillow, that is do not be lazy and careless, and read the Quran in the day and night – as it is its right of Recitation, and spread it, that is, read with good voices or do not take compensation for it, and whatever is in it, reflect upon it – so that you may attain success, and do not hurry in its reward because the reward for it is great (which will be given in Akhirah). (Baihiqi)
MashAllah very good article.
May Allah give us power to act upon Quranic Teachings.
Ameen summa Ameen.
Thanks alot brother